Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Coaching and player changes in Edmonton

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 am

Here is the coaching change: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=290507

Also, Kitwana Jones has been released: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story ... jones.html
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Re: Coaching and player changes in Edmonton

Post by Rammer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 am

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:Here is the coaching change: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=290507

Also, Kitwana Jones has been released: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story ... jones.html
Ritchie Hall looked he had something on his mind at the conclusion of that game, who knew that it was going to come down to cutting his recruit and Ray's hand picked coach. Once again, I don't see this being a negative, other than the Worman one from an optics perspective, the Esks need to adjust that dink and dump game plan, it will be interesting to see if the Ray of old returns or not.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:43 am

I think Rays decision making has more to do with our dink and dump tendencies then we like to think... for awhile we kept thinking it was DM still with his fingers in there, but after so many OC's you have to start looking at the other common denominator, and I'm starting to think Ray gets a little to gun shy and starts checking down just a little to quickly sometimes.
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:I think Rays decision making has more to do with our dink and dump tendencies then we like to think... for awhile we kept thinking it was DM still with his fingers in there, but after so many OC's you have to start looking at the other common denominator, and I'm starting to think Ray gets a little to gun shy and starts checking down just a little to quickly sometimes.
Are you suggesting that Ray take a few shots, looking for plays that may, or may not materialize up the field ? He is too much of a talent to end up being the latest Eskimo to appear on a CBC documentary, and besides, aren't Dickenson and Pierce enough proof, that avoiding scrambled brain material is actually a good thing.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 pm

AGENT-784 wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:I think Rays decision making has more to do with our dink and dump tendencies then we like to think... for awhile we kept thinking it was DM still with his fingers in there, but after so many OC's you have to start looking at the other common denominator, and I'm starting to think Ray gets a little to gun shy and starts checking down just a little to quickly sometimes.
Are you suggesting that Ray take a few shots, looking for plays that may, or may not materialize up the field ? He is too much of a talent to end up being the latest Eskimo to appear on a CBC documentary, and besides, aren't Dickenson and Pierce enough proof, that avoiding scrambled brain material is actually a good thing.
No, actually I think it's more the possibility of interceptions... if anything when in pressure I think he holds it too long and should just throw it away... kind of neuters the rest of your rant, huh?! :lol:
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:25 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:
AGENT-784 wrote:
No, actually I think it's more the possibility of interceptions... if anything when in pressure I think he holds it too long and should just throw it away... kind of neuters the rest of your rant, huh?! :lol:
At his current rate, Ricky Ray will throw 16 interceptions, which is pretty much his average over his CFL career. No, Ricky Ray does not have a problem with interceptions. Right now, he is the best play-maker Edmonton has, so unlike others, I have no issue with his decision making. The only issue is that he stays on the field. For all the dinks and dumps, Fred Stamps is the league's 2nd leading receiver.

BTW, does anyone really think that Worman would have been turfed at this point in the season, if the Edmonton defense wasn't at the bottom of the league in points allowed, and nobody with more than one interception. Not Worman's fault that McCarty is out of the line-up, and that Whitlock is on or off from game to game.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by greengirl88 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:Here is the coaching change: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=290507

And returns to the Riders.. Leader Post Article
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have officially signed Kitwana Jones.

The veteran linebacker/defensive end was released by the Edmonton Eskimos on Wednesday and signed with the CFL’s Roughriders early this evening.
(Just one question, is it still Wednesday, or was that nap a heck of a lot longer than I thought?)
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm

The Eskimos have given up the most points in the league, and they fire the offensive coordinator??? :smackhead:
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:47 pm

AGENT-784 wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:
AGENT-784 wrote:
At his current rate, Ricky Ray will throw 16 interceptions, which is pretty much his average over his CFL career. No, Ricky Ray does not have a problem with interceptions. Right now, he is the best play-maker Edmonton has, so unlike others, I have no issue with his decision making. The only issue is that he stays on the field. For all the dinks and dumps, Fred Stamps is the league's 2nd leading receiver.

BTW, does anyone really think that Worman would have been turfed at this point in the season, if the Edmonton defense wasn't at the bottom of the league in points allowed, and nobody with more than one interception. Not Worman's fault that McCarty is out of the line-up, and that Whitlock is on or off from game to game.
Sweet Jebus, do you have any comprehension whatsoever?

I didn't say Ray had an interception issue... I said he feared throwing them, thus gun shy, thus more prone to check down and resort to the dink and dunk crap rather then that being the play calling, which is the charge I was initially responding to.

And I really don't know what the the defence and their lack of interceptions has to do with Worman and the offense, but seems about par for the course for you... but the writing was on the wall for him as soon as they brought in Strasser after the first few games, he was the guy Maciocia wanted but declined the job, before they settled for Worman. A little odd it came now, but they seem to be doing a lot of house cleaning the last week and everyone knew Wormans days were numbered.
-

LRCHC
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by LRCHC » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:45 pm

I didn't know Worman's days were numbered? I too thought that maybe something in the defense. Ironic though, isn't it, that we hire a coach who was touted as a defensive genius, our defense is struggling (the lack of turnovers is really bad btw) yet we fire the OC????? Hey, don't get me wrong, I knew Strasser was probably going to take over - NEXT YEAR - but right now an OC is not going to solve the problems we have on the defensive side of the ball.

What was real funny is after the Hamilton game how Bryan (retire now, please :beg: ) Hall was yaking about what good game Buhl had - why Halsy? Because he had a very late garbage interception but was burned (yet again) for two TD's in the game? Of course, they released him a few days later (been waiting for that for a long time actually).

Anyway, we gotta get better on our D. Maurice Lloyd has been a HUGE disappointment, he hasn't been terrible, but he's not mentioned a lot out there. Our D is last in sacks (deservedly so) and only two picks in the secondary.

Sorry, but Offense is NOT our problem. Not that I'm sad that Worman is gone though.

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:57 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:
AGENT-784 wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:
AGENT-784 wrote:

Sweet Jebus, do you have any comprehension whatsoever?

I didn't say Ray had an interception issue... I said he feared throwing them, thus gun shy, thus more prone to check down and resort to the dink and dunk crap rather then that being the play calling, which is the charge I was initially responding to.

And I really don't know what the the defence and their lack of interceptions has to do with Worman and the offense, but seems about par for the course for you... but the writing was on the wall for him as soon as they brought in Strasser after the first few games, he was the guy Maciocia wanted but declined the job, before they settled for Worman. A little odd it came now, but they seem to be doing a lot of house cleaning the last week and everyone knew Wormans days were numbered.
Wait just a moment...Nowhere in you previous commentaries did you use "fear" and "interception" in the same posting, never mind the same sentence...Comprehension...Indeed...Seems about par etc etc...You throw out the military term "gun shy", and expect fellow readers to automatically know what you're referring to...Maybe I am in the minority, but most QBs that I have watched, would admit that they are more "gun shy" of the de-cleater, than they are of throwing the interception.

Ricky Ray does not fear throwing interceptions, never has, never will. It is the cost of doing business. Get your head taken off, and surprise, you're out of business.

As for the reference to the defense...I have seen Ricky Ray put away more than his fair share of games by engineering a touchdown shortly after an opponent's turn-over...Momentum in the right hands can be a beautiful thing...Might even save someone's job. :beauty: :beauty:

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 am

I find it rather funny that Nitwit Jones mouths off about Henry and ends up getting an apple and a road map to Saskatchewan. I guess in hindsight I have to apologize to those rider fans that I stated that Jones would be missed. I was wrong Jones is a non talent. I see special teams duty for him with the riders after all he is not good enough LOL.
On Rick Worman it appears his time ran out not sure this was in fact a Richie Hall move as the news state I think the Chipmonk had a lot to do with it.

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer

Post by wildthing1971 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:33 am

from what I have heard it doesn't really matter who OC is in Edmonton, DM is in the booth everygame calling the plays. I was told this by a fellow who hangs with esks alum (Wruck and others) that DM is still the guy no matter what Hall does.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by fishman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 am

wildthing1971 wrote:from what I have heard it doesn't really matter who OC is in Edmonton, DM is in the booth everygame calling the plays. I was told this by a fellow who hangs with esks alum (Wruck and others) that DM is still the guy no matter what Hall does.
That is without a doubt the most ridiculous thing I have heard yet... :rotf: :good:
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer

Post by wildthing1971 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:00 am

fishman wrote:
wildthing1971 wrote:from what I have heard it doesn't really matter who OC is in Edmonton, DM is in the booth everygame calling the plays. I was told this by a fellow who hangs with esks alum (Wruck and others) that DM is still the guy no matter what Hall does.
That is without a doubt the most ridiculous thing I have heard yet... :rotf: :good:
well laugh all you want, the scheme still is Danny M's it hasn't changed since he was OC. Little to no run and Ray takes the safe dumps and tries to put you to sleep hoping later in the game a deep glory ball is caught.

Not sure why Wruck and his pals would lie either? This is like when Huey was not the coach or GM, everyone knew he still had his hands in the mix.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com