Homophobia

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

moisespoll
Playground Scrub
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 am

Re: Homophobia

Post by moisespoll » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:43 am

Unfortunately, there are actually people who believe that homosexuality as a disease that can spread from one person to another.

Gerry
Champion
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:47 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Re: Homophobia

Post by Gerry » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:38 am

moisespoll wrote:Unfortunately, there are actually people who believe that homosexuality as a disease that can spread from one person to another.
And you know this... how? Do you know any such people?

User avatar
iso_55
Legend
Posts: 23849
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:06 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Homophobia

Post by iso_55 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Would I be wrong in saying that things like Gay Pride Day & the accompanying parade does more to hurt homosexuals than help them?
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Dave in Korea
Starter
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:32 am
Location: Yongin

Re: Homophobia

Post by Dave in Korea » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Gerry wrote:
moisespoll wrote:Unfortunately, there are actually people who believe that homosexuality as a disease that can spread from one person to another.
And you know this... how? Do you know any such people?
Sadly, I know one guy who believes this. But if you look hard enough, you're going to find someone who believes just about anything.
Dream out loud.

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 am

iso_55 wrote:Would I be wrong in saying that things like Gay Pride Day & the accompanying parade does more to hurt homosexuals than help them?
Why does Gay Pride Day & the accompanying parade hurt homosexuals more than help them?

Gerry
Champion
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:47 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Re: Homophobia

Post by Gerry » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Holy crap!

This is the first post in this entire forum since freaking August!!

What's going on? This used to be a great place to become righteously indignant with the stupidity of other people.

Come on, stupid people. Give me someone to argue with. :wink:

User avatar
larz-7
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6633
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: winnipeg

Re: Homophobia

Post by larz-7 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:10 pm

whats the bottom line here . For those that don't approve of gay lifestyles they now don't like being called homophobic because you are not scared of them .of course you are , anything that you believe threatens your way of life you fear and if it did not ,this is a non topic. If its the word then change it . the only other word i can think of is racism why because its their way of life they are different and when one group doesn't like another group that's the word we use .
Memo the gays are not out to destroy the true meaning of marriage that perhaps was done along time ago .question why is that it seems mostly men that this bothers and yet they have no problem watching 2 women enjoy each other.i have no stats on this but working in construction i hear it all the time.
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

cfldave
Superstar
Posts: 1899
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:15 pm
Location: Prince George

Re: Homophobia

Post by cfldave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Ah yes, the Jon Stewart approach. When someone has something sensible to say deflect it with putdown humor.

Works great for him :rotf:
**************************
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:44 am

cfldave wrote:Ah yes, the Jon Stewart approach. When someone has something sensible to say deflect it with putdown humor.

Works great for him :rotf:
Please clarify your statement. Who do you fell is saying something sensible? I feel larz-7 is spot on with his post.

cfldave
Superstar
Posts: 1899
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:15 pm
Location: Prince George

Re: Homophobia

Post by cfldave » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:16 pm

T-Bone wrote:
cfldave wrote:Ah yes, the Jon Stewart approach. When someone has something sensible to say deflect it with putdown humor.

Works great for him :rotf:
Please clarify your statement. Who do you fell is saying something sensible? I feel larz-7 is spot on with his post.

Darned if I can remember which post I was referring too and I'm to damn lazy to go looking for it.
**************************
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

Kevin Marshall
Playground Scrub
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:56 am

Re: Homophobia

Post by Kevin Marshall » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 am

There is no single definition of 'homophobia' the term, as it covers different perspectives and attitudes. Homophobia is usually defined as hatred or fear of homosexuals, but it can also refer to the social ideologies that stigmatize homosexuality.Negative feelings or attitudes of non-heterosexual sexual behavior, identity, relationships and communities can lead to homophobic behavior, and only discrimination suffered by many lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT). Homophobia takes many forms, such as homophobic jokes, physical attacks, discrimination in the workplace and the media representation.

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: Homophobia

Post by FootbalYouBet » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm

a simple opinion that homsexuality is wrong, without any intention to promote or engage in any act of descrimination or abuse in any way, those who practice homosexuality, is not, in itself, a phobia in ANY sense of the word.
Don't confuse me with facts

antoniofrengzus
Playground Scrub
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 am

Re: Homophobia

Post by antoniofrengzus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 am

I do not think they are idiots, they are just ignorant when it comes to gay sexuality. My aunt is an educated woman, but hates gay sexuality because he did not know anything other than what they are told by the other homophobes.

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 am

FootbalYouBet wrote:a simple opinion that homsexuality is wrong, without any intention to promote or engage in any act of descrimination or abuse in any way, those who practice homosexuality, is not, in itself, a phobia in ANY sense of the word.
Ok. Why is homosexuality wrong?
Last edited by T-Bone on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: Homophobia

Post by FootbalYouBet » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:20 pm

T-Bone wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:a simple opinion that homsexuality is wrong, without any intention to promote or engage in any act of descrimination or abuse in any way, those who practice homosexuality, is not, in itself, a phobia in ANY sense of the word.
Ok. Why it homsexuality wrong?
this topic is about homophobia.

the right and wrong of homosexual lifestyle if for another thread.

I will say this and no more, just to answer your question, sort of.

I beleive it is wrong because, I beleive in the bible. I beleive the bible is the word of God, I beleive that the bible tells us that it is wrong, therefore I beleive that God tells us through the bible that it is wrong. I don't know completely why it God has decided it is wrong, except that our sexuality was designed for procreation and we were told to populate the planet and homosexuality has always worked against that. However, I am sure there is more to it.

Personally, I beleive there are now way too many people in the world and if I didnt have my christian beleifs, then I would be for anything that slows down population growth. However, my beleifs are what they are.

NOw, beleiving that homosexuality is a sin does not make me homophobic any more than believing adultery is a sin makes me uh.. adulterphobic(?). Let him who is without sin cast the first stone applies to those who practice homosexuality as well as those who engage in prostitution or adultery or any other sin. The homosexual is no worse or better a person than any other sinner, and since we all are sinners, well then we are all equal. NO phobia, just fact.

If you wish to debate my first paragraph, please cut and paste to a new topic. thank ya
Don't confuse me with facts

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests