What's worse than a Thurs. night game

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Pakalolo
Starter
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

What's worse than a Thurs. night game

Post by Pakalolo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:09 pm

You know what's worse than a thursday night game. Its a FREAKIN" TUESDAY night game. What is that all about. A hard working stiff in TO is going to the dome until midnight to watch a football game? Either the Argos or Rogers are out to lunch.
My guess is Rogers is grinding the Argos. Rogers is not a part of our society. What a stupid, senseless,brainless,idiotic,simple,shallow,ill-advised,imprudent,witless, irrational, inane, ridiculous,mindless, ludicrous,muddled, absurd,half-witted, comical,silly, laughable, non sensical, daft, illogical...
thing to do
Pain is inevitable...suffering is optional...

Pakalolo
Starter

Re: What's worse than a Thurs. night game

Post by Pakalolo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 pm

unintelligent,irresponsible,shallow-brained, scatterbrained,addled,incautious, misguided, wild, injudicious, imbecile, addle headed...

Ticats85
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Ticats85 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:28 pm

The Argos are given limited dates to work with at the skydome, of course if they had a choice they would play all their games on the weekend. I expect another piss poor crowd on Tuesday.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:57 pm

You can show how you really feel by boycotting any and all rogers services, as I have
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:19 pm

D wrote:You can show how you really feel by boycotting any and all rogers services, as I have
I have never bought a Rogers product.

If I may continue...
lunatic, insane, mad, crazy,moronic, touched,freakish,(my favorite)...pixilated, comic, puerile, anile,chimericl, asinine, fatuous....one more time...fatuous...
More to come!

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 am

Pakalolo wrote:
D wrote:You can show how you really feel by boycotting any and all rogers services, as I have
I have never bought a Rogers product.

If I may continue...
lunatic, insane, mad, crazy,moronic, touched,freakish,(my favorite)...pixilated, comic, puerile, anile,chimericl, asinine, fatuous....one more time...fatuous...
More to come!
I think we agree .. they are asshats! :cowboy:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Mowich
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Mowich » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:50 am

Pakalolo wrote:You know what's worse than a thursday night game. Its a FREAKIN" TUESDAY night game. What is that all about. A hard working stiff in TO is going to the dome until midnight to watch a football game? Either the Argos or Rogers are out to lunch.
My guess is Rogers is grinding the Argos. Rogers is not a part of our society. What a stupid, senseless,brainless,idiotic,simple,shallow,ill-advised,imprudent,witless, irrational, inane, ridiculous,mindless, ludicrous,muddled, absurd,half-witted, comical,silly, laughable, non sensical, daft, illogical...
thing to do
TUESDAY??? .............that will guarantee a sold-out crowd for sure.............NOT!

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:18 am

I'm going to predict 15,000. And I'm thinking that's high.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Pakalolo I love your comment and command of the language...well said and said and said. By the way you couldn't be more right IMHO.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Pakalolo wrote:I'm going to predict 15,000. And I'm thinking that's high.
For the Lions' pre-season game, season ticket holders were give the chance to pick up two additional tickets by paying just the $1.00 handling fee per ticket.
Say what you want, but that game has outdrawn the first two regular season games in VanCity.
Argos knew this Tuesday game would be impossible to talk up, so they should be giving these seats away. Buy a ticket for a future game, and get in on Tuesday for free. The youngsters still like free, don't they ??
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:38 pm

AGENT-784 wrote:
For the Lions' pre-season game, season ticket holders were give the chance to pick up two additional tickets by paying just the $1.00 handling fee per ticket.
Say what you want, but that game has outdrawn the first two regular season games in VanCity.
Argos knew this Tuesday game would be impossible to talk up, so they should be giving these seats away. Buy a ticket for a future game, and get in on Tuesday for free. The youngsters still like free, don't they ??
I think you should be sending out your resume to the Argos.

Hollywood2
Champion
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by Hollywood2 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 am

I agree that Tuesday is a bad night for a game. But the Leafs, Jays, and teams in other sports and other cities play Tuesday nights. In fact, I am going to a Tuesday night baseball game in Winnipeg tonight. It is summer holidays, people.

Could the CFL not have given the Argos home dates on the weekends when the Blue Jays were away?
August 8, 1961
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS 38
BUFFALO BILLS 21
The Tiger-Cats are the reigning champions of CFL/NFL football.

Pakalolo
Starter

Post by Pakalolo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Comparing the CFL to MLB or NHL is not a fair comparison. Baseball has 300 games, and the NHL has something like 500 games...OK I'm exaggerating a tiny bit , but most CFL teams have maybe nine home games.
Rogers, (wannabe Americans) owns the Skydome. The Argos are teated as a 2nd class tenant. You'd think they could make sure the games are on the week end. Rogers and the mighty Blow Jays, don't provide the Argo's with a very good list to choose from. It's just nine games.

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Here's the thing, Blue Jays average attendance last year was 25,921, (their average so far this year is 31,760) multiply that by 81 home games for a total attendance of 2,099,663. The Argos last year averaged 23,689 multiplied by 9 games for a total attendance of 213,201. Don't forget to add in the opportunities for revenue per game from such as parking, concessions, suites, advertising, broadcast rights and whatever else. Most of that additional revenue is of course denied to the Argos.

As for this game today it was scheduled for today because the Blue Jays are booked everyday from Fri the 19th to Sun the 28th and there was a Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert on Wed the 17th. BTW it drew only about 30,000, but still more than the Argos. It will happen again when the Argos play on Tuesday Sept 3rd missing the Labor Day weekend, again because the Blue Jays fill the stadium for the week prior.

The world is run by dollars and cents, the Blue Jays have the dollars, the Argos the cents and it will be always so unless of course the CFL goes to a 164 game schedule.

The answer has to be that the Argos get bought by some rich dude or dudess who then builds a retail, commercial and entertainment facility in the geographic center of Metro featuring a 35,000 seat stadium (with training and admin facilities for the Argos of course) that the Argos also get a multiple revenue stream from. Something like what seems to be the case in Ottawa.
Last edited by cfldave on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Aren't you being a little generous ? :rotf:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !