Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

cflnut
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

CFL Announces Change to Limit Video Review

Post by cflnut » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:38 pm

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/02/cfl-annou ... eo-review/
Coaches will be able to challenge only one play per game under changes to the video review system approved Tuesday night by the Canadian Football League, the CFL announced Wednesday.
This came into effect a week ago. I'ts very unusual for the CFL to change the rules midseason, but I guess if bandwagon fans cry and whine enough that the games are taking to long anything can happen.

To be quite honest I myself had no problem with the challenge system the way it was. SUre at times it may have taken a bit longer then it needed. But as long as the right decision was mad that's all that mattered. The only thing I disliked about the whole system was being able to challenge to get a penalty. Never liked all the P.I. challenges that every coach would try to get just to gain a little bit of an advantage.
Football. More then a game, a way of life, purging the primitive brute from men's souls. A communion with the basic nature of humankind, hence the sacrilege in allowing stores to open on Sunday - the Lord's Day of Football.